- Bangalore’s World-Famous Semi-Deluxe Writing Program
- Alexander Technique
- citizens of stage co lab
- massage therapies
- Contact Us
Sun, 22nd Sept 2019
10.30 AM – 1.30 PM
Open to all ages
Have you been wondering what the Alexander Technique is and why you should experience it?
Many people have been asking us for more information about the technique, and unfortunately, we do have to say that beyond a point – you must experience it to feel its effect and value. So, we have spoken to Beatrice Simmons-Heiz (your incredibly gifted teacher and therapist) about doing a 3-hour open session to give you a taste
We have two amazing opportunities for you to go deeper into the practice and feel the full effect on your body.
1. There is an amazing intensive 2-week programme starting October 8th being led by Béatrice and Robin Simmons, called the Alexander Technique – Continuous Learning Programme
2. Or you could also book individual/private consultations in the Alexander Technique with co-director of their training school, Robin John Simmons
Between Oct 1st – Oct 20th, 2019
If you are on the fence about either, come by on the Sunday morning – get a taste, meet the team and ask your questions. You’ll definitely learn something more about your body and the technique and you’ll get to see first hand if this is for you. And we promise you that after meeting Beatrice, you’ll be a lot more convinced.
If you decide to sign up for the Continuous Learning Programme or book some sessions, the Rs. 500 will be subtracted from that fee.
Who is this for?
– sportspeople, athletes
– singers, actors, dancers
– people with back, neck or joint ailments
– working professionals in high-stress environments
– anyone interested in more efficient use of their body
Open to all ages
About the Alexander Technique:
Developed by F. Matthias Alexander in 1894 the Alexander Technique is essentially a re-educative self-help system that promotes better health by improving posture, coordination and breathing. It is used by people from all backgrounds and all ages both in the arts, in offices and businesses, at home and in all sporting activities. Doctors frequently recommend a course of lessons to their patients to assist with poor posture, whiplash injury, all kinds of back problems (including slipped discs) or with respiratory troubles. Many well-known celebrities and performers take lessons to manage stress and improve their performance in whatever they do.
What are the applications of the Alexander Technique?
• To improve poor posture and relieve troublesome tension.
• To assist in coping with severe physical pains or difficulties, coordination problems, or voice or breathing difficulties.
• To prevent yourself from getting into difficulties from poor postural habits in the future.
• To improve your performance at playing a musical instrument or in a sports activity.
• To present yourself better in a business setting or give more effective presentations.
• To look your best! And reduce stress effectively.
The Technique begins to help you alter and improve your coordination, breathing and daily actions straight away. In this way your habitual ways of doing things are shown up and you soon discover alternative ways of carrying out any action with less effort and more awareness. You can begin to change these habits at once by applying the basics of the Technique. Teachers often give pupils ways of training so that habit patterns change in a general way by employing what Alexander called “positions of mechanical advantage”.
About the Teacher:
BÉATRICE SIMMONS-HEIZ (SBAT, MSTAT) has been teaching the Alexander Technique and has led healing sessions based on Animistic Tradition Wisdom for over 25 years. Apart from training professionals, she also offers private Alexander Technique lessons as well as courses and consultations in Alchemy of Fragrances and in Healing Alchemy. She runs a private practice in her Attara Atelier in Switzerland, and is co-director of the Alexander Technique school, ATLAZ, along with her husband Robin in Zurich, and offers her work worldwide.
See more here: http://www.alexander-technik-schweiz.com/